Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form List Value not save in Database
Form List Value not save in Database [message #195651] Sat, 30 September 2006 02:58 Go to next message
sauami
Dear Sir,

In my Form i have a "List Item" during the runtime when i select the value from my List Item this value not save in database some LIST19 or LIST18 values save in database my code is given below and more understanding i had attached the file., bold is the value of list item., pls. help me i think i had make some mistake to get the value from list item.

go_block('block7');
insert into mp_support(emp_name, EMP_CODE, EMP_HOURS, SBU_GIVEN, SBU_TAKEN, MGR_GIVEN, MGR_TAKEN, support_date)
values(:block7.emp_name, :block7.EMP_CODE, :block7.HOURS, :block7.SBU_GIVEN, :block7.SBU_TAKEN, :block7.Manager_GIVEN, :block7.item22, :block7.support_date);
commit;

Thanks,
Saurabh
  • Attachment: list.JPG
    (Size: 96.89KB, Downloaded 647 times)
icon2.gif  Re: Form List Value not save in Database [message #195662 is a reply to message #195651] Sat, 30 September 2006 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chmlaeeque
Check the list item value ( under the List Elements by default list5 or list6 etc is written )during Entring the List Elements of list items in form builder set the list item value what you want to save into the database.
Re: Form List Value not save in Database [message #196003 is a reply to message #195662] Tue, 03 October 2006 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sauami
Thanks Sir.

Sir can you help me to know the book name or tutorial for forms and reports because i to with losts of books which is based on project that don't have step by step detail about the forms tool.

thanks,
Saurabh
Re: Form List Value not save in Database [message #196540 is a reply to message #196003] Thu, 05 October 2006 20:41 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Tutorial for Designer/2000, by Saonee Sarker
http://www.prenhall.com/divisions/bp/app/hoffer/oracle/tutorial/
10g
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/tips/muench/requiredreading/index.html

Why are you MANUALLY doing an insert of the 'block7' data? Base your block on the 'mp_support' table and let Forms do it for you.

David
Previous Topic: how get hdd id
Next Topic: PDE-PER001 Internal Error (depep 2)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:35:12 CDT 2024