Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » SET_ITEM_PROPERTY
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY [message #195042] Tue, 26 September 2006 13:40 Go to next message
gutta_rajen@yahoo.com
HI...

iam changing the item property to an item dynamically using set_item_property(cursor.item,navagable,proprty_false);
in trigger when_new_item_instance.but it is not wroking...

I am new to forms can any one help me how can i change item properties

Thanks in advance

Regard's
Rajendra
Re: SET_ITEM_PROPERTY [message #195075 is a reply to message #195042] Tue, 26 September 2006 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wency

When-new-item-instance?
That means that your cursor is on that object you want to set navigable=false? I don't know that it's possible.
Try to place your code in other trigger such as post-query.

Good Luck,

Wency
Re: SET_ITEM_PROPERTY [message #195288 is a reply to message #195075] Wed, 27 September 2006 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gutta_rajen@yahoo.com
Hi
thank u fo r the suggestion...
but still the problem is not solved. i tried in when_validate_item,post_query ...still the cursor is placing in that field... can u give me any suggestion
thanks
rajendra
Re: SET_ITEM_PROPERTY [message #195480 is a reply to message #195288] Thu, 28 September 2006 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
By what logic do you want to stop the user entering the field? If you have the data when the record is retrieved then do it in the 'Post-Query'. If you have the data after an item is populated then set it in the When-Validate-Item trigger of this item.

David
Re: SET_ITEM_PROPERTY [message #195727 is a reply to message #195042] Sun, 01 October 2006 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wency

In post-query try go_item(other_item) before set the navigable = no
icon14.gif  Re: SET_ITEM_PROPERTY [message #195748 is a reply to message #195042] Mon, 02 October 2006 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
h_jitendras
1st check whether you want to disable the text field status in the Insert-mode of the form or the query-mode of the form.

1.When you are in the Insert mode,you would be disabling the text item based on a certan condition/business logic in a field in the same form/called form.
The best to use in such a case is the When-Validate-Item trigger of the text field you want to disable.
Else when you check the business logic,you can specify there itself checking the condition as 'If then set_item_property( <>,enabled,property_false).
2.For Query-mode of the form,you can use the Post-Query trigger at the Form level to disable the text item.

thanks.
Re: SET_ITEM_PROPERTY [message #196085 is a reply to message #195748] Wed, 04 October 2006 01:41 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I recommend strongly NOT putting Post-Query statements at the form level as it will fire for every row retrieved in ANY block in the form. Just stick with the block in which you are interested.

David
Previous Topic: Splash screen
Next Topic: Flat file in Oracle Pl/SQL 6i & Writing to a flat file in Oracle through SCT Banner (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:34:39 CDT 2024