Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » One form calling another connected to a different database.
One form calling another connected to a different database. [message #187799] Tue, 15 August 2006 12:48 Go to next message
smulukutla
We have a form and it gets data from a database and this form calls another form which is in different database. When I run the first form it polpulates the data and works fine, but when I call the second form, I don't see any data populated in the second form, since it is connected to different database. How can I populate the data in second form. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: One form calling another connected to a different database. [message #188062 is a reply to message #187799] Wed, 16 August 2006 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You can either sign-on to the other database in the second form, or use a db-link to permit access from one database to the other.

Do you wish to return to the first form?

Is this an existing application or is it something that you are writing?

David
Re: One form calling another connected to a different database. [message #188245 is a reply to message #188062] Thu, 17 August 2006 10:11 Go to previous message
smulukutla
First form uses the Oracle Apps database and the second form uses the legacy system database. I want to call this second form from the first form. This is not an existing form in Applications. I am doing it as a custom form.
Thanks for your reply.
Previous Topic: Moving Data blocks within Modules?
Next Topic: ORA-12560: TNS: error with protocoladapter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:34:02 CDT 2024