Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » menu toolbar not visible on form
menu toolbar not visible on form [message #165672] Fri, 31 March 2006 06:24 Go to next message
sandudana
Hi everybody.

I am working with Developer Suite 10g.
I created a menu M_somename. Some of the menu's items are set to be visible on the Horizontal Toolbar. I attached the menu to my form setting the property Menu Module=M_somename.

At run-time, the menu is visible, but the toolbar is not. As a matter of fact, I can see the upper border of the toolbar (1/4 -1/5 of the menu's height) - that is a small gray portion.

If I set form my form Menu Module=DEFAULT&SMARTBAR I can see the menu toolbar.

Any help will be appreciated.
daniela
Re: menu toolbar not visible on form [message #165845 is a reply to message #165672] Mon, 03 April 2006 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you have to set the vertical offset of the content canvas to be about 18 so that there is room for the toolbar menu? Alternatively, have you defined your working directory in the FORMSxx_PATH in the registry?

David
Re: menu toolbar not visible on form [message #188842 is a reply to message #165845] Tue, 22 August 2006 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joshram
Hi David
I'm also facing the same problem..

Tried searching on metalink.The one bug named bug 861717 supposed to have the said issue.however i didnt find anything related to the bug on metalink .

Basically i have multiple windows in my form.The default window being WINDOW1 which has got HORIZONTAL TOOLBAR CANVAS set to my toolbar canvas.
Then on WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED tigger of one item i have foll code.

Show_Window('WINDOW30');
Go_Item('ALL_HSR_DETAILS_DETAIL.CYCLE_DATE');
Hide_Window('WINDOW1');

Where the GO_ITEM pertains to the item on other canvas in other window(WINDOW30).

now after this suddenly my horizontal toolbar disappears.Dont know why this has happened?

I tried setting all the combinations line forms horizontal toolbar canvas property n othr stuff.But all in vain.

I didnt find anything useful on metalink as well.

Can you please suggest if theres anything wrong.

I'm runing my forms on the WEB (10g) which has been migrated from forms 5.0.
Another thing to mention is that the same works fine on client-server mode.

Also The exactly identical code is there in other form which works fine.So i trieed comparing the window and canvas properties of both the forms .They are identical.

Totally stuck up as i'm not getting the root of the problem itself.

It would be a great help indeed if you can throw some light on this issue.

Thanks in advance
Ram.
Re: menu toolbar not visible on form [message #189738 is a reply to message #165672] Sat, 26 August 2006 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sameer_am2002
Guys maybe..if I'm correct ..this can be the problem of yours..
.files which are shown in the horizontal toolbar are .gif files on the web..so you need to check whether these .gif files exists in your virtual directory path of your icons..If you still face any problem just reply me back..
Re: menu toolbar not visible on form [message #189843 is a reply to message #189738] Mon, 28 August 2006 01:25 Go to previous message
joshram
Hi sameer

Well the problem was not with the display of menu icons but display of menu toolbar itself when we have multiple wndows.

I'm glad to tell that i found the resolution of the problem.I have set the INHERIT FROM MENU property to YEs in all the child windows and my problem was solved.Now i'm able to see the menu toolbar everywhere when i navigate to diffrent window.

Regards
Ram.
Previous Topic: TEXT_IO Package usage
Next Topic: how to extract the time value from date field and store the same in another date field?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:32:58 CDT 2024