Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Deleting records
Deleting records [message #155577] Tue, 17 January 2006 06:02 Go to next message
nikki7462
Hi there,
I am very very very new to pl/sql and need a little help Smile I have a form in Oracle 9i with multiple blocks linking to tables named Employee, Department, Project.

How do I set up a button which when clicked would delete a record from just one of these tables e.g. Employee. However I need it to be set up so that it would delete any record which was selected - for example perhaps a record in the Department table. Hope this makes sense and isn't too much of a stupid question!

Thanks Smile
Nikki
Re: Deleting records [message #155583 is a reply to message #155577] Tue, 17 January 2006 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vban2000
Hi

err.. not so sure whether I am right. There might be link (i.e foreign ky constraint) between tables and sometimes you can delete parent table, while there is record in the child table.

however, you can acheive the delete by reterive the primary key and delete it.

you can refer to the Oracle Forms Developer Book and acquire more information on how to use the Form Developer.

Regards
Andy
Re: Deleting records [message #155664 is a reply to message #155583] Tue, 17 January 2006 17:20 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Go to the Forms web site at OTN. Download the demonstrations and run the Master-Detail example. IT will show you how to do that which you ask.

Search this format for 'master-detail' or 'master detail'. This is a common question.

David
Previous Topic: ....... Date Issue
Next Topic: Seperate Frame apart from the browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:45:37 CDT 2024