Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Prevent Auto Change password screen
Prevent Auto Change password screen [message #151009] Mon, 12 December 2005 10:28 Go to next message
SaraC
Hi i'm back to this work again!have posted about it previously but slightly different.

I have caught the password expired error and want to display a message and close the applictation once the user acknowledges the message. I have tried using a timer when the user clicks OK and EXIT_FORM when the timer expires but...

I cannot stop the changes password built-in from popping up after the user acknowledges the message i.e. where I want it to close the application.

Any ideas how I can exit the application from the ON-ERROR trigger without seeing the change password built-in.

Need to do this to bypass the changes password in the first place dues to it not handling errors properly in version 8.1.7

Can anyone help? I have caught the error and can now handle password errors appropriately with a custom built screen just cant handle this bit.

Thanks
sara
Re: Prevent Auto Change password screen [message #151055 is a reply to message #151009] Mon, 12 December 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you tried crashing the code by doing something gross like a zero divide? That is, run a cursor that says 'SELECT 1/0 from dual;' and see what happens?

David
Re: Prevent Auto Change password screen [message #151118 is a reply to message #151055] Tue, 13 December 2005 05:38 Go to previous message
SaraC
Thanks for you suggestion. I've just tried that and get a not connected to Oracle unhandled exception. I guess thats because Im not logged on with a username and password yet - since the password needs to be reset - it cant do a select.

Tried this
SELECT 1/0 INTO dummy from DuAL; inside a program unit called when 28001 is raised.

The timer I tried earlier does not have a chance to expire since the auto change password appears at the end of the ON-ERROR trigger - so it seems Im having the same problem I was ages ago when I was trying to override the built in when logging into the application.

Seems I;ll never get to the bottom of this problem - all I want to do is close the application if I get a password expired error into the ON-error trigger!!! Doesnt sound so hard but boy is it difficult to find the solution!

OK have just tried something else - created a new window instead of an alert to notify user that password has expired. This was so I could have a button on the new window and EXIT_FORM. problem now is when I try to use SHOW_WINDOW in the on-error trigger where the expired error is caught, the SHOW WINDOW command is ignored and the default change password screen is displayed. I just want to scream at it its so annoying!

Thx
S

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2005 08:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Links in forms
Next Topic: how can i use calender??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:39:25 CDT 2024