Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » i m new in fors 6i and i m facing installation probs in my pc
i m new in fors 6i and i m facing installation probs in my pc [message #146465] Thu, 10 November 2005 11:37 Go to next message
rajeevranjan

hi pal,
this is rajeev. i m new in fors 6i and i m facing installation probs in my pc. i have winXP and installed oracle 9i in c:\ successfully.then when i try 2 install d2k then oracle is not responding.but forms6i installed successfully. when i try to connect to oracle 9i then it does not get connect.i don't know how 2 install or configure. please help me .how 2 install oracle 9i and forms 6i so that i can easily use forms 6i with oracle 9i.
i will be greatful to u dear.
kindly reply me.
Regards
Rajeev
Re: i m new in fors 6i and i m facing installation probs in my pc [message #146531 is a reply to message #146465] Thu, 10 November 2005 22:40 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I believe you have a tnsnames.ora problem. Each Oracle Home has to have either a tnsnames.ora file or a IFILE pointer to the 'master' copy. Please search this forum for 'tnsnames' and 'ifile'.

David

PS I split your post off the other thread and gave you a meaning title. 'URGENT' as a thread name is a no-no.
Previous Topic: How can i make splash screen in forms 6i?
Next Topic: REGARDING FUNCTION KEYS F7 AND F8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:24:05 CDT 2024