Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to debug the form in Multi-application
icon5.gif  How to debug the form in Multi-application [message #146523] Thu, 10 November 2005 22:11 Go to next message
yash1000
Hi Guys,

I have a very simple question. I would like to know how do I debug the form. I am using message builtin trigger for that and have set form's Tool:-> Preference:->Runtime:->Debug Message to true. But is there any other way I can debug the form.

P.S. I am working on Multi-form application in which if user modify some values in FORM A and press F10 (which call key-commit) it call FORM B. But the problem is not opening FORM B. The problem is not on coding side, because the application is working fine on one pc, but not on another PC.

Also can anyone provide some explanation on validate(item_scope) built in or some links for reference.

Many thanks,

Re: How to debug the form in Multi-application [message #146534 is a reply to message #146523] Thu, 10 November 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What version of forms are you running? Are you running a 5/6i/9i/10g Application Server or Developer Server, or 4.5/5/6 Client Server

David

PS Please be careful when posting new threads. Don't keep pressing the 'Submit' button as each press creates a new thread. I have deleted the other 7 copies.
Re: How to debug the form in Multi-application [message #146764 is a reply to message #146534] Sun, 13 November 2005 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yash1000
Apologies for posting submitting multiple thread. We are using Oracle Form 6.0.8.14 in client server mode.

Re: How to debug the form in Multi-application [message #146768 is a reply to message #146523] Sun, 13 November 2005 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you are running client/server mode then I assume that both the form and server are on a Unix box to which you attach via an X-windows emulator. Does the user on the 'other PC' have group access to the forms server and the forms?

Read the Forms reference manual (reference is in sticky at beginning of forum) concerning 'validate(item_scope) built in'.

David
Re: How to debug the form in Multi-application [message #146773 is a reply to message #146523] Sun, 13 November 2005 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yash1000
Thanks for your reply, form are on unix-box and the user on the Other PC have group access to the form.

Re: How to debug the form in Multi-application [message #146774 is a reply to message #146773] Sun, 13 November 2005 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you use YOUR userid, can you access the forms via this other PC?

David
Re: How to debug the form in Multi-application [message #146775 is a reply to message #146774] Sun, 13 November 2005 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yash1000
ya
Re: How to debug the form in Multi-application [message #146776 is a reply to message #146775] Sun, 13 November 2005 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay ... so your logon works on both PCs. Therefore, it is not a PC issue. If this other user has the same group accesses as you then it is probably not the Unix which is causing the problem but the Oracle.

Can this other user signon successfully to the application through your Unix logon?

Can you signon successfully to the application through this other user's Unix logon?

I think you have a roles/grants problem on the Oracle DB side. Who owns the database objects? Your userid or a general userid? And you access them via private or public synonyms?

David
Re: How to debug the form in Multi-application [message #146777 is a reply to message #146776] Sun, 13 November 2005 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yash1000
Hi David,

It is not the Oracle issue, because as I say before thing works fine on one PC if you login with user A , But on the other PC if you login with the same user it does not work.

We have a system which we install on each client pc , so there are couple of NEW pc built that have install the same things. But as I said before on one PC it works, but not on newly built PC with the same user.

1)I looked on tables the form is assessing and checked whether the user has insert,updates,delete xxxx privileges and it has.

2)We are using Public synonym .

3)I don't think it is role/grant problem. Becase same thing we are able to do on old pc. but the newly built-pc when we try to do it does not work (Logging with same user).

So, I thought to debug the form to see where is the problem.

yash
Re: How to debug the form in Multi-application [message #146780 is a reply to message #146777] Sun, 13 November 2005 22:08 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You say here:
Quote:

But on the other PC if you login with the same user it does not work.
However, when I asked
Quote:

If you use YOUR userid, can you access the forms via this other PC?
you replied
Quote:

ya

Please be consistent.

Assuming that YOU can NOT use the application through the NEW PC then please check the enivronment variables 'TEMP' and 'TMP' and make sure that (1) they are defined (probably 'c:\windows\temp' or 'C:\Documents and Settings\<userid>\Local Settings\Temp') and (2) that you have write access to that area.

David
Previous Topic: to open a report in diff formats
Next Topic: LOV showing wrong record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:33:34 CDT 2024