Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » cursors
cursors [message #139379] Tue, 27 September 2005 14:33 Go to next message
dmack
Hi everyone I need some help
I have a table that contains program names and IP adresses (to facilitate the deployment of programs to diffrent locations)

I need to retrieve these records based on certain criteria from this table namely;

1. user_id
2. program name
3. ip address/location

based on form selection.

When these records are retrieved I need to create a script for the program name selected and for each location to be deployed to.Therefore if there is one program and 5 locations, the script will be written 5 times, eg of script below.

'copy \\servername1\foldername1\foldername2\'|| :prog_name ||' \\'||:location_name.location_ip||'\destination_servername'

I am having problems here:

I think i have to create a cursor to retrieve the records and for each record in the cursor write the script.
I am not sure of the how to write the code ( I have already created the cursor) but not sure how to include for each record in cursor create script.

Can u provide an example or guide me accordingly

This process should be initialised by a button (i am not sure if i have to create a function/procedure or place code under button trigger when-button-pressed.

Also I have to use a host command to complete the deployment process how can this be done form forms 6i.

Thank u
Re: cursors [message #139385 is a reply to message #139379] Tue, 27 September 2005 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran
Can you post code the code that you have tried.That will be helpful.

--Kiran.
Re: cursors [message #139437 is a reply to message #139385] Wed, 28 September 2005 00:47 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
We've answered this assignment question before. Please search for 'utl_file' in this forum. Its there somewhere.

David
Previous Topic: FRM -799999 Error 743
Next Topic: what is the different between parameters and global varibals ???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:51:47 CDT 2024