Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Object Libraries and grouping library tab objects
Object Libraries and grouping library tab objects [message #138161] Tue, 20 September 2005 09:08 Go to next message
bdrufner
I am new to Oracle Forms, so pardon me if this is a simply question. I have a question about Object Libraries and Library tabs.

I am attempting to build a library tab that contains several objects (triggers, alerts, etc) and then group these objects into one reference name so that I am not forced to drag and drop every object from my library tab one at a time to their respective place on the form.

I am able to create an object library and a library tab and drag several objects (triggers, alerts, etc.) into the tab, but am unable to group all of these objects into a single reference.

What I am trying to do is similar to what Francois Degrelle has outlined in his white paper, Oracle Forms 10g – Dynamic Color Customization. For his object library COLORS, he has two tabs. The one tab named colors has one group named grp_colors. It contains several objects (alerts, triggers) that are populated into the form as soon as the user drags the object group onto the form. These objects are not visable at the library tab level.

I have looked around, but cannot seem to find how to do this. Additionally, onced grouped, how would one edit a specific object in the group.

Thanks in advance.

Barry Drufner
Re: Object Libraries and grouping library tab objects [message #138235 is a reply to message #138161] Tue, 20 September 2005 18:15 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Good question. This is from memory. I may play with it today if I have time.

Create property_groups that contain the object you have defined. Then in your form, copy in (with reference) your library, and associate the property group with your forms item.

I don't think that you can 'update' something in the object library. What I used to have, was a form that contained all the bits and pieces that I needed, in the hierarchy of object inheritance, and I would drag them into the Object Library.

DON'T drag something out of the Object Library to a blank form, modify it, and then drag it back, as you will lose the hierarchy of properties that are necessary to maintain your Object Library.

David
Previous Topic: How to order table ABC based on the fields in table XYZ
Next Topic: ...List ITems.. and window Close Events
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:25:58 CDT 2024