Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Silent database disconnection
Silent database disconnection [message #133877] Mon, 22 August 2005 09:04 Go to next message
danycd
Hi,

I'm using the following products :
Forms 6.0.8.25.2
Oracle 8.1.7.4.0
Jinitiator 1.3.1.17

and I have the following problem :
My form (running in web mode) includes a htree object, and works usually fine.
But sometimes, the refresh of the htree object causes a database disconnection, without warning or error. Nothing. I can clic on buttons, fields, ... but of course nothing happened.

This disconnection only appeared during a htree refresh, and in a unpredictable way.

Any idea ?

Thx.
Re: Silent database disconnection [message #133940 is a reply to message #133877] Mon, 22 August 2005 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Humour me ... open the form builder, make sure there are no object libraries started, recompile and regenerate your library, close the form builder. Reopen the form builder, recompile and regenerate your form, close the form builder. Run your application. Did anything change?

David
Re: Silent database disconnection [message #133989 is a reply to message #133877] Tue, 23 August 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danycd
Sorry to disappoint your humor, but if it was so simple, I shall not have asked question. Razz

I specify that this is a client-server application in web mode.
I specify too that my form contains at least 20 blocks. The blocks on the main canvas are linked by relations

Here is my form
Fist image : The main canvas
Second image : The main canvas with one of the multiple stacked canvas displayed
/forum/fa/373/0/

It is a persevering and unpredictable problem.
I applied myself not to refresh the tree any time, nor in any trigger.

Indeed, if I refresh the tree just after/before the display of a stacked canvas (for exemple), the database disconnection can take place. Not all the time, but the disconnection arrives on this kind of manipulation.

Another exemple, more simple : I perform an execute-query in my form, followed of a refresh of the tree ... database disconnection can take place too.

The refreshing of the cache of my internet browser and Jinitiator, recompilations and regenerations don't resolve the problem.
  • Attachment: Exemple.jpg
    (Size: 158.60KB, Downloaded 1147 times)
Re: Silent database disconnection [message #134202 is a reply to message #133989] Tue, 23 August 2005 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you do as I asked? If yes, reply, else forget it.

David
Re: Silent database disconnection [message #134230 is a reply to message #134202] Wed, 24 August 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danycd
First of all, thanks David for your help.

Yes I do what you asked.

It's a boring bug, because it appeared in our production environment. Several days can take place without the bug, and then suddenly, we can have it several times in the same day.

I don't think there is really a solution.
Bug appeared too in 10g.

I posted a message into the Metalink forum, unsuccessfully at this time.

Maybe I that reached the forms limit for this kind of object.
My code is clean. Nevertheless, I'm going to try to optimize it again. In case.
Re: Silent database disconnection [message #134268 is a reply to message #134230] Wed, 24 August 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay ... you probably need to ask this question in the Application Server forum. Check the amount of memory that is available in the AS when this happens. Also check the number of inodes that are available. The rest you will have to get from the AS forum. Is there a later JInit which is available for your Forms 6? Do you have a scroll mouse? Test to see if it is causing any problems. What other Java is on your PCs. Does one of them have a 'mouse' component in them.

David
Re: Silent database disconnection [message #134304 is a reply to message #134268] Wed, 24 August 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danycd
Thanks for these advices.

It seems that I don't have the last release of Jinitiator (1.3.1.17 vs 1.3.1.22). I'm going to test this.

Quote:

Does one of them have a 'mouse' component in them.

What do you mean by "mouse component" ? How to verify this ?

Re: Silent database disconnection [message #134432 is a reply to message #134304] Wed, 24 August 2005 23:01 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
JInit 1.3.1.7 or 9 and Forms 9 had a problem where if you put the mouse over the Forms block scroll bar down (typically) or up arrow and held the mouse button down the connection would break. It was ultimately fixed in 9iR3 (we can't remember the patch set).

The problem was in the JInitiator so the latest version may solve your problem, if it will work with 6i.

In Forms 6i there was a patch because the default Java mouse commands used the same name as an Oracle mouse 'Java thingy' and the clash caused the whole application to fail in a big way, like it didn't always start. A metalink patch search is a good place to start.

David
Previous Topic: set the increment no
Next Topic: Some part enable some disable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:44:26 CDT 2024