Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how can i call an exe file in form??  () 1 Vote
how can i call an exe file in form?? [message #132090] Wed, 10 August 2005 15:59 Go to next message
ribha

hello all
can any body tell me how can i call an exe file in form???

please answer me its urgent

a confused girl
ribha
Re: how can i call an exe file in form?? [message #132110 is a reply to message #132090] Wed, 10 August 2005 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'host'. Read, at least, three threads from top to bottom and then come back with specific questions. We'll be happy to take you the rest of the way.

David
Re: how can i call an exe file in form?? [message #132251 is a reply to message #132110] Thu, 11 August 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

hi,
your answer is here.
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/117118/67693/#msg_117118
Re: how can i call an exe file in form?? [message #132520 is a reply to message #132090] Sat, 13 August 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oraclejo
hello

the most important question before answering you thread is what Forms version are using, for if you are using Forms9i 10g, you are working in Web enabled mode, and dealing with OS programs is different

Please visit otn and look for webutil tool, which is designed to solve web integration problems. if you want to call serious program from within forms ,, you need to consider call DLL using ORA_FFI, previously known as User Exits.

ammar sajdi

www.e-ammar.com

Re: how can i call an exe file in form?? [message #135473 is a reply to message #132520] Wed, 31 August 2005 12:57 Go to previous message
Tafer
oraclejo wrote on Sat, 13 August 2005 15:47

hello

the most important question before answering you thread is what Forms version are using, for if you are using Forms9i 10g, you are working in Web enabled mode, and dealing with OS programs is different

Please visit otn and look for webutil tool, which is designed to solve web integration problems. if you want to call serious program from within forms ,, you need to consider call DLL using ORA_FFI, previously known as User Exits.

ammar sajdi

www.e-ammar.com

I'm having a problem running an external application from forms 6i on Windows XP.

The problem is that "host" isn't working. I'm calling a .exe made in .NET. and it seems that this kind of applications can't be executed under simple console commands.

I'm trying ot understand this "USER EXITS", but I'm not going anywhere with this...

Any help is really appreciated.

Previous Topic: RUN_REPORT_OBJECT doesn't show report
Next Topic: How to display a long text in multiple lines
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:50:07 CDT 2024