Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms 6i with OLE2 package
Forms 6i with OLE2 package [message #126897] Thu, 07 July 2005 04:02 Go to next message
gamby
Hi all!

I'm developing with Forms 6i in Oracle 8.3.4.

I have some problems using the OLE2 package to make integrations with other applications...

In particular, I'm creating a form with a button that when pressed starts a scanner!
Well, I would like to use the Kodak Imaging Windows application to start the scanner, in fact the API of Imaging contains some methods useful for this aim, for example the method "bool scannerAvailable()" etcetera...

My problems start when I create in forms the connection between my form and the OLE2 package, when I try to call some method of Imaging using the OLE2 method Invoke_Num or Invoke or getProperty etcetera Oracle returns the error 305500!

Is there someone that can helps me to resolve this problem? Anyone have ever used the OLE2 integration with other applications?

Thank you very much!
Best regards.

Raffaele Gambelli
Bologna (Italy)
Finmatica s.r.l.
Re: Forms 6i with OLE2 package [message #127017 is a reply to message #126897] Thu, 07 July 2005 20:00 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
No idea.

Try doing a search on this forum for 'ole' and you will find quite a few which relate to using excel. Try with Excel first and see how you progress.

David
Previous Topic: Books and web site on dev 6i
Next Topic: Radio button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:40:55 CDT 2024