Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to stop system message. (Oracle dev 10g R2,Windows)
How to stop system message. [message #481392] Wed, 03 November 2010 01:42 Go to next message
mahmud732
Dear all,

I have a form with multiple data block. When i want to query and go to next record then this displayed a message "Do you want save changes". But i would like to stop this message(i.e would not see the message) is it possible . if yes then how.

Regards

Mahmud
Re: How to stop system message. [message #481403 is a reply to message #481392] Wed, 03 November 2010 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
The safest way is to detect what is causing the message. It appears that *something* has changed, and Oracle warns you that those changes will be lost unless you save them. Perhaps you should run the form in debug mode and see what's going on.
Re: How to stop system message. [message #481648 is a reply to message #481403] Thu, 04 November 2010 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tamzidulamin
set
:ysstem.message_level:=5;

for more see the following link:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1010015

regards,
Tamzidul Amin.
Re: How to stop system message. [message #481663 is a reply to message #481648] Fri, 05 November 2010 02:06 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't think so. Except that "5" is a very low message level, you can't just set it to "5" (or any other value) just because. Where would you do it? For the whole form, for its whole lifetime? Are you sure you'd want to do that?

Besides, closing your eyes (so that you don't see an error (or a warning)) won't make it disappear.

Ever heard of Phil Collins' Another day in paradise?

Quote:

She calls out to the man on the street
"Sir, can you help me?
It's cold and I've nowhere to sleep,
Is there somewhere you can tell me?"

He walks on, doesn't look back
He pretends he can't hear her

Right, but she's still there. So - :system.message_level is - in my opinion - not the way to solve the problem.
Previous Topic: Hide a single Row field of Multi record Item
Next Topic: need Auto-Email PROCEDURE (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:44:34 CDT 2024