Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FRM-41072 cannot create group list (Forms 6i)
FRM-41072 cannot create group list [message #480606] Tue, 26 October 2010 01:10 Go to next message
dornalpr
Hi,

I am havin one list item Source_Name, combo box Column_name.

Source_Name list item which shows the table/view name. Upon selecting this table name, next combo box should populate columns of this selected table/view.

Passing below SQL to populate columns:

'SELECT COLUMN_NAME ,COLUMN_NAME FROM ALL_TAB_COLUMNS WHERE ' ||' TABLE_NAME = '||:GEAECUST_SLISE_OUT_FILES.SOURCE_NAME
||' ORDER BY 1'

I am writing this code in when-list-changed of source name
It is compiling but while running the form, when source name is selected, it is giving error:

FRM-41072: Cannot create group list
FRM-41076: Error populating group.

If i use USER_TAB_COLUMNS instead of all_tab_columns but i want to write all_tab_columns because tables are present in different schema.

Please help me overcome this.

Thanks
Praveen

Re: FRM-41072 cannot create group list [message #480652 is a reply to message #480606] Tue, 26 October 2010 04:04 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Standard method of debugging dynamic sql:
1) Assign the dyanmic string to a variable
2) Display contents of variable - stick a text item on the canvas and assign it to that.

Do that and the problem should be obvious. If you still can't spot it copy and paste the query into sqlplus.
Previous Topic: Login Status
Next Topic: Is this OS problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:33:24 CDT 2024