Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » view the report between two dates
view the report between two dates [message #471170] Thu, 12 August 2010 10:33 Go to next message
aboushaheen
Gentlemen forum management I would like to call out on the report, between two dates through Form But the report is empty
Thanks
Re: view the report between two dates [message #471172 is a reply to message #471170] Thu, 12 August 2010 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
And what do you expect us to do?
You've told us nothing about the report or how you call it or what data you have, and you expect us to know what the problem is?

You need to supply some actual information.

EDIT: typo

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2010 10:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: view the report between two dates [message #471174 is a reply to message #471172] Thu, 12 August 2010 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Welcome to the Forum.
As this is your first post, please read Forum Guide.
Post your code and some more details.

Help us by explaining your problem clearly to help you to solve it.

By
Vamsi
Re: view the report between two dates [message #471241 is a reply to message #471174] Fri, 13 August 2010 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I guess that you tested the report itself (after you created it in Reports Builder) and verified that it works OK.

As "dates" are parameters you are working with, check whether you passed them correctly from a form to the report. Datatypes should match (i.e. do not rely on possible implicit datatype conversion). If you are passing characters, make sure that report's WHERE clause contains TO_DATE(:parameter_value, correct_format_mask).

If that's not it, you'll certainly have to provide some more details.
Re: view the report between two dates [message #471423 is a reply to message #471241] Sat, 14 August 2010 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranamirfan

Dear
try this as a Sample.

WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED

DECLARE 
  	   pl_id   ParamList;  
  	   pl_name VARCHAR2(50) := 'tempdata'; 
  BEGIN 
      pl_id := Get_Parameter_List(pl_name); 
  	  IF NOT Id_Null(pl_id) THEN 
  	  Destroy_Parameter_List( pl_id ); 
  	  END IF;   	
  	  pl_id := Create_Parameter_List(pl_name);  	   
   	  Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'GrnFromDate', TEXT_PARAMETER, :Grn_header.Pk_GrnF_Date);
   	  Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'GrnToDate', TEXT_PARAMETER, :Grn_header.Pk_GrnTo_Date);
   	  Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'Destype', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'Preview');
  	  Run_Product(REPORTS, '\\atmdomain\irfansoft\Store\Inspection\Reports\GRNote.Rep', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,Pl_id,NULL); 
  END;

Hope this'll help you.

Regards,

Irfan
Re: view the report between two dates [message #472570 is a reply to message #471423] Sun, 22 August 2010 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aboushaheen
thanks
but i used oracle 10g
Re: view the report between two dates [message #472578 is a reply to message #472570] Sun, 22 August 2010 14:07 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
I see nothing in this thread that doesn't apply to 10g.
If you actually want help you need to give some real information about the problem - details about the report, how you call it and what is happening.
Otherwise you are just wasting everybodies time.
Previous Topic: Validate Time on field
Next Topic: Error while compiling the form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:56:36 CDT 2024