Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » connecting dev 2000 forms to oracle 9i (windows )
connecting dev 2000 forms to oracle 9i [message #462561] Thu, 24 June 2010 22:54 Go to next message
alphaone
we have these oracle developer 2000 forms (in .fmx format) in a server and the data of these forms in another server.... the server with the data is very old and is very slow...so we decided to relocate the database(oracle 9i) to a new server..... also, we move the developer 2000 forms from the old server to another server which will serve as the front end to the new data server.
The problem is we can't figure out how to make the developer 2000 forms on the new front end server to point to the new database on the new data server. I would really appreciate if u cud gimme some advice on this.... so we need to know how the forms find the data, where this "connection string" is for developer 2000 forms.
m new to this stuff and really need some help...

Thanks in advance!!!
Re: connecting dev 2000 forms to oracle 9i [message #462690 is a reply to message #462561] Fri, 25 June 2010 12:40 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
There should be no difference; the only information that (probably) has changed is a (new) database alias. It is - in your version - stored in TNSNAMES.ORA file on every client computer. So, you'll have to modify these files and add a new 9i database in there.

Unless I got it wrong, of course.
Previous Topic: Parent child table update (EMP and DEPT) (merged)
Next Topic: Dynamically setting no of records displayed in block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:23:15 CDT 2024