Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Cannot Navigate to Next Block with Keyboard (Forms [32 Bit] Version 6.0.8.28.0)
Cannot Navigate to Next Block with Keyboard [message #459064] Thu, 03 June 2010 04:32 Go to next message
kurzweil4
I have 2 blocks, MASTER and DETAIL. The navigation style of MASTER is Change Data Block, and its next navigation data block is DETAIL. But despite this, when I tab out of the last item of MASTER, it goes back to the first item of MASTER instead of going to DETAIL.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Kurz
Re: Cannot Navigate to Next Block with Keyboard [message #459069 is a reply to message #459064] Thu, 03 June 2010 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeahia
you should change the Navigation property of MASTER block

Navigation Style : Change Data Block
Previous Navigation Data Block : Null (Default) (you wish to change)
Next Navigation Data Block : <Detail Block Name>

it will works fine.

Yeahia
Re: Cannot Navigate to Next Block with Keyboard [message #459070 is a reply to message #459069] Thu, 03 June 2010 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kurzweil4
And that is exactly how I already have it set up. :-\
Re: Cannot Navigate to Next Block with Keyboard [message #459073 is a reply to message #459070] Thu, 03 June 2010 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
What are the navigation properties of the final item in the master block set to?
Do you have a KEY-NEXT-ITEM trigger on that item?
Re: Cannot Navigate to Next Block with Keyboard [message #459148 is a reply to message #459073] Thu, 03 June 2010 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kurzweil4
The navigation properties on the final item in the master block are:

Keyboard Navigable: Yes
Mouse Navigate: Yes
Previous Navigation Item: <the previous item in the master block>
Next Navigation Item: <Null>

The final item does not have a KEY-NEXT-ITEM trigger.

Re: Cannot Navigate to Next Block with Keyboard [message #459149 is a reply to message #459148] Thu, 03 June 2010 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Everything seems ok, so some more questions (apologies in advance if I ask the obvious):

Can you navigate to the first item in the detail block using the mouse?
Are you in enter-query mode?
I assume all the items in the detail block have Keyboard Navigable Set to Yes?
Have you got any block or form level KEY-NEXT-ITEM triggers?
Have you got any WHEN-NEW-[ITEM / BLOCK]-INSTANCE triggers that might effect navigation?
Re: Cannot Navigate to Next Block with Keyboard [message #459164 is a reply to message #459149] Thu, 03 June 2010 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kurzweil4
Everything seems ok, so some more questions (apologies in advance if I ask the obvious):

No problem since these kinds of problems usually have a simple cause.

Can you navigate to the first item in the detail block using the mouse?

The very first item in the detail block is the current record indicator, and is not keyboard navigable. I don't think I can navigate to it with the mouse. Its previous and next items are Null.

The next item on the other hand is absolutely navigable to with the mouse. I get no error or problems going to it from the master block using the mouse.

Are you in enter-query mode?

No.

I assume all the items in the detail block have Keyboard Navigable Set to Yes?

Except for the current record indicator and a read-only item.

Have you got any block or form level KEY-NEXT-ITEM triggers?

I have one block level KEY-NEXT-ITEM trigger, but it is for neither the master nor detail block. It is on the CALENDAR block, which comes with TEMPLATE.fmb, and I think it is required to be there.

Have you got any WHEN-NEW-[ITEM / BLOCK]-INSTANCE triggers that might effect navigation?

(Form level) WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE:
APP_STANDARD.EVENT('WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE');

(Form level) WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE:
APP_STANDARD.EVENT('WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE');

(Detail block, current record indicator item level) WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE:
go_item('DATA_VALUE');
(DATA_VALUE is the first item after the current record indicator)

And that's all.

Re: Cannot Navigate to Next Block with Keyboard [message #459165 is a reply to message #459164] Thu, 03 June 2010 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Try adding a KEY-NEXT-ITEM trigger to the final item in the master block with a go_item command for the 1st navigable item in the detail block.
Re: Cannot Navigate to Next Block with Keyboard [message #459167 is a reply to message #459165] Thu, 03 June 2010 11:55 Go to previous message
kurzweil4
It is beginning to look like I will have to indeed add a KEY-NEXT-ITEM trigger. It seems that this should be achievable with only property settings, but for some reason which I can't seem to understand, something is preventing it. Whatever it is appears to not be immediately obvious to what most understand.

I will add the KEY-NEXT-ITEM trigger which should fix the problem.

I appreciate your effort helping me.
Previous Topic: Item Prompts Displaying, but Items Do Not Display
Next Topic: hot to pickup only sundays
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:38:33 CDT 2024