Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » i can call it from Toad but i can't from forms (i have execute package)
icon4.gif  i can call it from Toad but i can't from forms [message #458385] Sat, 29 May 2010 05:04 Go to next message
ayousef

Dears,
i need some help to solve this problem
i have execute package to create file in database directory when do that from toad or sql plus it's done successfully. but when call this package from forms it's given " frm-40735 , ora-29283 ".
i use the same user to call package from the database and forms
note this user have a privilege to read and write on this directory

thanks
icon5.gif  Re: i can call it from Toad but i can't from forms [message #458392 is a reply to message #458385] Sat, 29 May 2010 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ayousef

any support??!!?? Sad
Re: i can call it from Toad but i can't from forms [message #458401 is a reply to message #458392] Sat, 29 May 2010 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is what Oracle says:Quote:

ORA-29283: invalid file operation

Cause: An attempt was made to read from a file or directory that does not exist, or file or directory access was denied by the operating system.

Action: Verify file and directory access privileges on the file system, and if reading, verify that the file exists.

Which is strange, as you can run it from SQL*Plus and TOAD. If the connection string is the same in a form, what is different, then? Could it be something about Database vs. Application server, perhaps?

I didn't see such a problem before, so - I can't tell anything from my experience. Hopefully, someone else will be able to provide help.

As of you being impatient: note that this is a forum, where people participate when they know the answer, are willing to help and have some time to spare. Also, it is weekend. Some people pretend they have life outside Oracle world. If your problem needs urgent solution, perhaps you'd want to contact Oracle Support or even hire a consultant. Otherwise, be patient.
Re: i can call it from Toad but i can't from forms [message #461701 is a reply to message #458401] Mon, 21 June 2010 01:30 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem? Is this happening on your PC's DS or on the corporate Application Server?

David
Previous Topic: How to get details of USER...
Next Topic: Control Release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:39:24 CDT 2024