Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » DISABLE SAVE BUTTON IN FORMS (Oracle, 8.1.7,0.0 / Server Manager 3.1.7.0.0 / Windows Server 2003)
DISABLE SAVE BUTTON IN FORMS [message #452244] Tue, 20 April 2010 22:54 Go to next message
kumarvk
Hi Experts,

I have created a form using data block wizard and lay out wizard. I want to disable the SAVE button, I gave the following in Triggers WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE

set_item_property('SAVE',visible,property_false);

but when I run the form it displays this message at the bottom of the screen

Frm 41045:Cannot find item invalidID.

Can anyone help?
Re: DISABLE SAVE BUTTON IN FORMS [message #452278 is a reply to message #452244] Wed, 21 April 2010 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What is the "save" button? Did you create it, or are you talking about Forms toolbar's "save" icon?

If it is your button, remove it from canvas.
If it is on a toolbar, you can't hide it. I guess you'll have to do that by writing your own KEY-COMMIT trigger which would have only one line:
null;

However, WHY would you want to disable saving? How are your users supposed to commit changes they made?

If it is a "read only" form, disabling "save" is not the way to do that - set data block "update / insert / delete allowed" properties to "no". Or, alternatively, call that form with CALL_FORM built-in and use QUERY_ONLY parameter.
Re: DISABLE SAVE BUTTON IN FORMS [message #452312 is a reply to message #452278] Wed, 21 April 2010 04:51 Go to previous message
shaz
This error occurs when query fails due to an invalid column or table name, or the query and group column structure do not match.

As per my assumption you have created your own save button on form. Match the spelling of the button you gave in the form.
Previous Topic: session expiration (merged by CM)
Next Topic: How to find the Sum of an item from the multi record block?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:21:40 CDT 2024