Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » List Item (merged by CM) (Form 6i)
List Item (merged by CM) [message #451961] Mon, 19 April 2010 04:40 Go to next message
usmanelahi
Hello Gurus,

i want to make a list item from query

i have a form on emp

the list item is on deptno showing the department name its work fine the form are opened when the user enter the new empno they need a other department

the others users or same user are inserting the department from master form

user open the list item it will not show the inserted values until they have to reopen the form because the trigger code inserted on when new form instance but i need a refesh list when user click on list item without reopen form or any refersh button

Re: List Item [message #451964 is a reply to message #451961] Mon, 19 April 2010 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You can try WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE on the list item, but I doubt it'll work and I really don't think it's a good idea.
Dynamically changing list items can cause all sorts of bugs, use an LOV instead.
Besides how often are new departments going to be added in reality?
Re: List Item [message #451966 is a reply to message #451964] Mon, 19 April 2010 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
usmanelahi
Thanks for your quick reply i dont make a lov because lov need two column code & name in same table and name column is only consume space if the user change the name in master form then they have not show updated name on detail table if i make a non database display column & query from post text item it will be fetch slow when record more then aprox 200
Re: List Item [message #451968 is a reply to message #451966] Mon, 19 April 2010 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
usnpk wrote on Mon, 19 April 2010 10:59
Thanks for your quick reply i dont make a lov because lov need two column code & name in same table and name column is only consume space if the user change the name in master form then they have not show updated name on detail table if i make a non database display column & query from post text item it will be fetch slow when record more then aprox 200

Do you want to rewrite that using full-stops and commas so that the rest of us can read it?
Re: List Item (merged by CM) [message #452413 is a reply to message #451961] Wed, 21 April 2010 23:54 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Just use an LOV and if you don't want to show the second column then make its width '0' (zero).

David
Previous Topic: How to find the Sum of an item from the multi record block?
Next Topic: Upload File Use Java Bean in Form 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:25:55 CDT 2024