Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Do Nothing Base on Alert Button Selected (Forms 10g)
Do Nothing Base on Alert Button Selected [message #448671] Wed, 24 March 2010 10:28 Go to next message
psmith8909@aol.com
I have several procedures that execute sequentially after the user presses a button. Before each procedure is executed, an alert appears asking the user if they really want to run the procedure. If they click Yes, then run but if they click no, do not process and return the user to the form (giving them the opportunity to exit). The issue is I want to put the part that issues the alerts in its own procedure and call it from within the other procedures. If the user clicks the No button, is there a simple way to exit them from the procedure that called the procedure which issued the alert? ie. PROC1 Calls PROC2. PROC1 issues alert asking if want to run procedure, user clicks NO. Exit PROC1 and Exit PROC2 and return user to form allowing them to exit. Or is my approach all wrong?
Re: Do Nothing Base on Alert Button Selected [message #448674 is a reply to message #448671] Wed, 24 March 2010 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You'd have to pass the value selected in the alert back from proc2 to proc1 via a parameter and then exit proc1 based on that parameter.

Why do you want to move it?
Re: Do Nothing Base on Alert Button Selected [message #448684 is a reply to message #448674] Wed, 24 March 2010 12:22 Go to previous message
psmith8909@aol.com
Thank you. I'll take that approach. I don't want to move it but thought there was some other approach.
Previous Topic: FORMS ERROR PDE-PLI018 (merged 4)
Next Topic: Rows to Column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:27:29 CDT 2024