Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Arabic Characters Problem??! (Forms 6i, windows xp)
Arabic Characters Problem??! [message #447716] Wed, 17 March 2010 08:56 Go to next message
ams81
Hello everyone, nice forum i hope someone here could help me.
I tried so many ways yet no use..

problem is that when i call run_product to generate a report from a form i have the name of employee in arabic characters appear in wrong form. yet when i use query from forms directly or from reports directly. name appears correct. does anyone here know how to fix that.

i want the arabic charcters to appear correct when i call to show report from a form..

thanks anyway..
icon10.gif  Re: Arabic Characters Problem??! [message #447731 is a reply to message #447716] Wed, 17 March 2010 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imedmy
it looks that you have a lunix server so if it it that you should install arabik font in your system
also you can use weld ali Very Happy utfont.ali to refer to others font
or you can modify ur's rdf font simple Laughing
have a nice day
Re: Arabic Characters Problem??! [message #447924 is a reply to message #447716] Thu, 18 March 2010 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ams81
I forgot to mention that i am using these software from my own laptop using windows xp system.
Re: Arabic Characters Problem??! [message #448058 is a reply to message #447924] Fri, 19 March 2010 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imedmy
if chars r dislayed like ?????? then try to set NLS_LANG=ARABIC_TUNISIA.AR8MSWIN1256 on runtime
Re: Arabic Characters Problem??! [message #448160 is a reply to message #447716] Fri, 19 March 2010 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ams81
Gee, guys I guess you are not getting what I described correctly.

so i will to describe it more in points:

1- arabic character appear correctly for forms in runtime no problem there.

2- i have created a form from which a press on a button and use the run_product function to call (reports) to generate a report from the list i have in the form after some query is made.

3- report is generated fine but arabic values or characters in the database when transferred from oracle forms to oracle reports appear incorrectly.

I mentioned earlier that when i use oracle reports directly and connect to the database which are all on tha same place my own laptop, arabic characters appear fine if are extracted directly.
problem when moved between products forms-to-reports using run_product function. what should i do to make arabic values appear when calling run_product. should i use utf-8 or what?? oracle wizards please help.. Cool thanks..
Re: Arabic Characters Problem??! [message #448939 is a reply to message #448160] Thu, 25 March 2010 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem? Have you searched and read the numerous entries containing 'nls_lang arabic'?

David
Re: Arabic Characters Problem??! [message #449144 is a reply to message #448160] Sat, 27 March 2010 06:31 Go to previous message
hisham99
go to regedit
change all nls_lang to (Arabic_Egypt.AR8MSWIN1256)
also in windows (regional and language option)
use arabic language
Previous Topic: Populating a combo box from a table
Next Topic: Master-Detail Relationship in Oracle FORMS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:22:24 CDT 2024