Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Form Very slow (oracle form6, OracleDB10g)
Oracle Form Very slow [message #438100] Thu, 07 January 2010 02:38 Go to next message
salora
I run a oracle from(by open from builder the run it.) on one PC, and get some data from DB. It very fast. But again when I run the same form, same method,connect to the same DB. with other PC It. very slow

Any one can help me what is the reason, and how to solve it

Is it possible that because of oracle enveronment in each PC.

Really need help.! Sad

Thank you in advance.

Re: Oracle Form Very slow [message #438103 is a reply to message #438100] Thu, 07 January 2010 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
First question: are the two PC's using the same network? If one works through VPN from home and the other uses the LAN at the office you can expect a difference in response time.

Quote:
Is it possible that because of oracle enveronment in each PC.
I don't understand this question.

MHE
Re: Oracle Form Very slow [message #438104 is a reply to message #438103] Thu, 07 January 2010 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
salora
Hi MHE,

Thank you for your reply.

Two PC's. it's the same network
same company, but locate at difference building(not so far)

I just wondering, the way we install oracle(form/Report) for each PC. is effect to the performance or not. and

how to fix this problem.
Re: Oracle Form Very slow [message #438108 is a reply to message #438104] Thu, 07 January 2010 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Is the problem related to one particular PC at that other location or is it a structural problem for each client? Where does the database reside? Perhaps the network connection from the "slow" location is not as stable as the one of the "fast" location. I'm kind of flying blind here, just trying to give you some general directions you could look at.

The local installation of Forms can have an impact on performance: the PC can load the client side Forms from a local drive instead of a network drive (which can be slower).

I hope this helps somewhat.

MHE
Re: Oracle Form Very slow [message #438112 is a reply to message #438108] Thu, 07 January 2010 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
salora
Thank you, MHE

I will follow your instruction.

Smile
Re: Oracle Form Very slow [message #438714 is a reply to message #438112] Mon, 11 January 2010 23:26 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I am assuming that the database is on a third machine.

Please try downloading a BIG file from the database machine to each PC and record how long it takes. For the two PCs for have mentioned, does the file transfer take the same amount of time?

David
Previous Topic: open image from application server
Next Topic: Where clause problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:37:50 CDT 2024