Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » migration from IDS 6i to 10g
migration from IDS 6i to 10g [message #424640] Mon, 05 October 2009 01:27 Go to next message
tanuj22
Current Set-up

Database : Oracle 8i
Front End : IDS 6i

Our application consists of a Form (*.fmb) which has an inbuilt menu (*.mmb). The executable exists on the Desktop & when clicked, the Menu file gets displayed. On selecting any of the pull downs designed by the programmer, A PL/SQL is triggered where in either a RUN_PRODUCT function is called passing the Form or the report name as parameters & the corresponding fmx or rep getting initiated.

Query

How can we translate the same when we convert our application to IDS 10g with Oracle 11g. Can we use Client -server similar architecture method to work or is there any other procedure If 3 tier, how is the menu accessed from the client browser & what commands are to be incorporated in the application server
Re: migration from IDS 6i to 10g [message #426803 is a reply to message #424640] Mon, 19 October 2009 17:32 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Client-server is no longer available. If your application is quite small then you can use the Develoepr Server without having to worry about an Application Server.

Download the 10g or 11g Developer Server and read the guide to migration. Convert your libraries, then your menus and then your forms.

David
Previous Topic: Raise form_trigger_failure
Next Topic: Oracle Form 4.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:34:47 CDT 2024