Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Requirement to enable auditing on every form in Oracle apps 11i,Dynamically (Oarcle apps 11i + forms 6i)
Requirement to enable auditing on every form in Oracle apps 11i,Dynamically [message #424036] Wed, 30 September 2009 00:42 Go to next message
parag_narkhede
Hello All,

I have following requirement Oracle apps 11i forms6i:

Client want to audit the changes in data which user does on the oracle form and save old values and new values in DB table.

Currently they do have this system working but, only for some forms.

Now they want generic. Means, user will navigate to any form in Oracle apps. there he will get Menu option in menu "Enable this form for auditing". After pressing this menu option, another form will come where he will be able to see all fields on the form with check box in front of each field.

Here user will select those fields which he want to enable for auditing.

Thereafter all changes which user do on the form, those old and new values will get store in one custom table.

Since information about fields is not stored in database, how can I make it generic. So that user will navigate to any form in oracle apps and will be able to enable it for auditing?

can we do this by using any interface with Java with oracle form?

Let me know, if my requirement is not clear to you.

Regards,
Parag
Re: Requirement to enable auditing on every form in Oracle apps 11i,Dynamically [message #424679 is a reply to message #424036] Mon, 05 October 2009 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TonyJaa
Hello,

Using jdapi, you can apply generic change on forms modules.

API for oracle forms is written in C, look at FORMS60 directory.
Re: Requirement to enable auditing on every form in Oracle apps 11i,Dynamically [message #424691 is a reply to message #424679] Mon, 05 October 2009 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parag_narkhede
Thanks for your reply.

But I am not aware of any of the concept suggested by you.

Please explain in short about the way to achieve requirement and important concepts, so that I can do further research on that.

Just tell me the concept how can I achieve my requirement, I will do further research.

Regards,
Parag
Re: Requirement to enable auditing on every form in Oracle apps 11i,Dynamically [message #424702 is a reply to message #424691] Mon, 05 October 2009 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TonyJaa
You said : Quote:
Currently they do have this system working but, only for some forms.

So, now what you want to do it's apply this changes on all forms ?

If yes, you can do it manually or automatically using jdapi.

yes you want to do programmatically, see this link : http://www.oracle.com/technology//products/forms/pdf/274326.pdf

it explain how jdapi Forms6i works.
Re: Requirement to enable auditing on every form in Oracle apps 11i,Dynamically [message #424704 is a reply to message #424702] Mon, 05 October 2009 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parag_narkhede
Thanks a lot. I am reading it and will get back to you if I need any help.

Thanks once again.
Re: Requirement to enable auditing on every form in Oracle apps 11i,Dynamically [message #426422 is a reply to message #424036] Thu, 15 October 2009 06:28 Go to previous message
yossin
Hi,

I know the OraPlayer tool performs automatic auditing for Oracle Forms.
maybe it could help you.
www.oraplayer.com

Previous Topic: frm 40010 cannot read form
Next Topic: frm-30113 Block must have non query only database item Block:block2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:25:56 CDT 2024