Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » form execution in an application is improper
icon5.gif  form execution in an application is improper [message #423798] Mon, 28 September 2009 06:20 Go to next message
rhl23
Dear all,
I am creating some forms in an application. When I am trying to execute any of the trigger or procedure through an individual form , its getting executed properly, but in a application that form is not working. Its not getting executed properly. Can anybody tell me whats the reason that its happening like this.
Thank you in advance...
Re: form execution in an application is improper [message #423826 is a reply to message #423798] Mon, 28 September 2009 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
With the amount of information you've posted - no.
It'd help if you explained what this:
Quote:

Its not getting executed properly

actually means.
Re: form execution in an application is improper [message #424612 is a reply to message #423826] Sun, 04 October 2009 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rhl23
Actually i do have a multiform application .... the
1st form is -LOGIN - through which i am opening a home_page - on which there are two buttons which opens two different forms

1st button - it will open emp_report form which enable to add new employees in d emp database. I want to restrict the access to this form such dat employees from particular department which logins through login form can only open this form& others cant...

2nd button - It will open daily report form to which access is not restricted , anybody can access this.

I wrote this code for 1st button
DECLARE
	  CURSOR emp_cur IS 
	     SELECT * FROM emp
	     WHERE  deptid = 390;
BEGIN 
	    FOR emp_rec IN emp_cur LOOP
	 IF 
	 	   emp_rec.deptid = 390
	 THEN  
       OPEN_FORM('emp_data1');
	 END IF;
	 END LOOP;
END;

I realize dat its a wrong code as i didnt gave any reference of login id from login-form & m confused of how to reference it throught the application...I also tried to use GLOBAL variable by initializing it first in the login-form but again m not getting how can I restrict the access to particular department by using the global variable...

Please guide me on d same....
[EDITED by DJM: remove useless 'code' tags]

[Updated on: Tue, 27 October 2009 19:02] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: form execution in an application is improper [message #424728 is a reply to message #423798] Mon, 05 October 2009 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
So you need to change the cursor to reference the users id or department, whichever's more appropriate.
What exactly is the issue?
Re: form execution in an application is improper [message #424831 is a reply to message #423798] Tue, 06 October 2009 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rhl23
Yes. I want to reference the user_id with reference to the department id 390.I mean another form should open only when the employee who logins through login form is the employee of department_id 390. But as I am new to create application i am not getting how to refere it.
So please guide me in this sense.
Re: form execution in an application is improper [message #426284 is a reply to message #424831] Wed, 14 October 2009 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rhl23
Please reply for this ...i am eagerly waiting for the reply...
Re: form execution in an application is improper [message #426390 is a reply to message #424831] Thu, 15 October 2009 04:01 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
rhl23 wrote on Tue, 06 October 2009 09:23
Yes. I want to reference the user_id with reference to the department id 390.I mean another form should open only when the employee who logins through login form is the employee of department_id 390. But as I am new to create application i am not getting how to refere it.
So please guide me in this sense.

Well you'd have to take this code:
DECLARE
	  CURSOR emp_cur IS 
	     SELECT * FROM emp
	     WHERE  deptid = 390;
BEGIN 
	    FOR emp_rec IN emp_cur LOOP
	 IF 
	 	   emp_rec.deptid = 390
	 THEN  
       OPEN_FORM('emp_data1');
	 END IF;
	 END LOOP;
END;

And modify it so that the query restricts the emp table using the logged in user.
But since I have no idea what the relationship is between user and emp in your database I can't really help you any further.
Previous Topic: Forms 6i - Call Form Error
Next Topic: Poplist issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:32:47 CDT 2024