Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How does one make next_record built-in working automatic? (database 10g , forms 6i , XP SP2)
icon4.gif  How does one make next_record built-in working automatic? [message #324662] Tue, 03 June 2008 10:15 Go to next message
Hany Freedom

I made that table :-
CREATE TABLE DT
(DD  DATE DEFAULT sysdate NOT NULL);

and in forms 6i , I made simple form to it , and it's working correctly , but I want after I post the date in the text item go automatic to the second record to post in it the second date , and so on ......
I tried next_record in WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM but didn't work Sad

so ....... is there anyway to make this idea working Question Exclamation

PS : I upload the fmb file to test it if you would.
Re: How does one make next_record built-in working automatic? [message #324677 is a reply to message #324662] Tue, 03 June 2008 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Eysackers
for your DT datablock, change navigation style to :
change record

for your DD text item set Automatic skip to Yes

or if you want to go to a new record each time the user saves the changes (commit) you could write a Key-Commit trigger :
commit_form;
if not form_success then
	raise form_trigger_failure;
end if;
next_record;

you can not navigate in a when-validate-item that's why next_record did not work
Re: How does one make next_record built-in working automatic? [message #324714 is a reply to message #324662] Tue, 03 June 2008 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hany Freedom

your way is true , thanks a lot Very Happy
Re: How does one make next_record built-in working automatic? [message #426864 is a reply to message #324714] Tue, 20 October 2009 02:34 Go to previous message
samit_gandhi

it works for me too

thank you
Previous Topic: system.record_status
Next Topic: raise form_trigger_failure in WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD still saves data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:14:04 CDT 2024